The Hagerstown/Eastern Panhandle Metropolitan Planning Organization (HEPMPO) was organized in 1996 as an expansion of the Hagerstown Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) and is the federal and state designated transportation planning body for the urbanized portions of Berkeley and Jefferson Counties, West Virginia; Washington County, Maryland; and a small portion of Franklin County, Pennsylvania.
HEPMPO’s mission is to provide a cooperative forum for regional collaboration, planning and public decision-making for short and long-term solutions that support mobility needs, economic development, environmental sensitivities, and multimodal connectivity for a safe, secure and efficient transportation system.
Long Range Multimodal Transportation Plan Update:
In accordance with state and federal laws, the HEPMPO updates the region’s Long Range Multimodal Transportation Plan (LRTP) at least once every four years. The 2040 LRTP Update will represent a 20-year transportation vision for the HEPMPO region and will include:
- A review of all relevant new studies and plans for the three-county HEPMPO region relating to transportation, land use, and economic development.
- A review and adjustment to the current (Direction 2035) LRTP goals and objectives.
- Public involvement and stakeholder outreach designed to engage diverse interests.
- The development of an implementation strategy that addresses the region’s needs while satisfying HEPMPO’s mission.
2040 LRTP News
[9.3.13] MetroQuest Survey Results Posted!
Thank you to everyone who provided input through our interactive MetroQuest survey! To view preliminary results from the survey, please head to the Documents page. Also, check out this article in The Journal about the results.
[7.1.13] HEPMPO Launches Interactive MetroQuest Site!
Help provide important input to the development of the long range transportation plan by identifying priority goals, evaluating projects, and providing other ideas on regional strategies. Click here to provide your input, which will be a valuable part of the planning process!
We'd like your input on the Plan!
- What type of transportation changes would benefit the community?
- What role do you see transportation playing in the future of your communities?
- Do you feel transportation is adequately supported by the community in terms of usage and financial support?
- Submit your comments here
|> Summer 2013|
Review socioeconomic data and travel demand modeling tools.
|>Summer 2013/Fall 2013|
Transportation needs analysis and modal studies of freight, transit, and bicycle/pedestrian.
|>Fall 2013/Winter 2014|
Prepare financial plan and project prioritization.
Review and adoption of the 2040 LRTP by the HEPMPO.
|> Summer 2014|
|Review / acceptance of the adopted 2040 LRTP by state and federal agencies.|